B2B inside sales of fleet technology to fleet operators. Generate new opportunities by calling companies with fleets and operational, safety, training, and productivity issues and needs. Once needs are discovered a fleet technology solution will be identified and presented via phone or in person for large opportunities.
Those with a strong cellular or fleet industry background may be very successful in this position. This role will follow up with existing accounts to ask for referrals, confirm satisfaction and upsell and propose fleet technology solutions to issues across a variety of technologies including GPS tracking, telematics, data integration, training, etc. Respond to requests for proposals (RFP), travel to client sites (generally local) as needed, and perform sales activities in order to achieve sales goals.
This is not telemarketing but consultative SaaS sales via the phone. You will be expected to maintain relationships and work with existing customers. It is a much higher level of engagement than telemarketing.
- Location: Bruce B. Downs Blvd, Regus Center
- Environment: Small-medium business, business casual
- Hours: 8:00 am to 5:30 pm, M-F, 40 hours weekly
- Compensation: Base + commission, Contract to Permanent
- Occasional travel as needed (avg. less than 3 days per month)
- Achieve sales goals once completed with the training ramp-up period.
- Learn and stay up to date with ever-increasing fleet technology and integrations available.
- Grow business with local and state governments and private fleet operators.
- Source and respond to RFPs in a timely manner utilizing Microsoft Office applications.
- Work with customers to test the solutions recommended.
- Meet customer needs, offer options, resolve problems and follow up with customers.
- Call customers to assure satisfaction, sell additional services, and get referrals.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested by management.
- Meet minimum performance requirements as outlined by the Company
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred, Associates considered
- Experience: 5 years inside business sales experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Service, delivery, or fleet-related experience is a plus
- SaaS experience is a strong match for this opportunity
- Ability to connect to people and maintain relationships
- Skills to find new opportunities that may not yet be sent out for RFP; source new leads, get referrals
- Engage prospects to establish rapport and partnership through phone, email, trade shows, associations or as needed
- Maintain relationships with customers after the sale to ensure ongoing satisfaction and to present new products and services
- Contract to Permanent – contract period to run 30 – 90 days
- Base + commission (expected: $55-65k year one, 60-70k year two, 70-80k year three+)
- 8 Paid Holidays per year + 2 weeks paid time off each year
- Company-provided health insurance supplement to plans offered PPO or HMO options
- Type 35+ WPM – all details are entered on the computer (Windows OS)
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office products, especially Word, PowerPoint & Excel
- Strong PC skills are needed. Working quickly and efficiently on a PC is a must
- Highly organized and attentive to details
- Ability to be on the phone 4-6 hours a day
- Prospect to find new leads, upsell existing customers, and ask for referrals
- Fleet, trucking, maintenance software, B2B cellular sales experience a big plus
- HOS, CSA, driver log experience a plus
- Ability to consult with prospects and customers at a higher level
- Strong documentation in CRM
- Ability to take initiative and problem solve
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to deliver a professional oral presentation to prospects or audience in person or over the phone
- Willingness to travel as needed to attend meetings, give presentations, staff trade shows and participate in general sales marketing activities as directed
- Plan and manage relationships, pilot programs and respond to multiple RFP’s at once (Microsoft Word)
- Ability to manage multiple opportunities simultaneously
- Lift up to 40 pounds
- Walk or stand for up to 8 hours per day for trade show
- Have a valid driver’s license with no more than 3 moving violations in the past 5 years
- No criminal record & decent credit score